7 Tips for an Alert, Energetic, & Enjoyable Monday | SnoozeClinic.com
Have you noticed how sleepy, tired, lethargic, and complacent you feel on Mondays? Medical studies indeed have shown reduced productivity and increased errors on Mondays secondary to disrupted sleep schedule on weekends.
Here is how you can enjoy and excel at work even on Mondays.
- Keep moving. Staying physically active all day will energize your Mondays. Exercise in the morning. Take stairs at work. Go for an evening walk. Do deskercize.
- Face the light. Look at the bright light in the morning both at home and at work as light has alerting influence.
- Take a PREM nap. A 15 min power nap will provide you alertness, energy, vitality, and vigor lasting for 155 minutes. Leave some room on your schedule for it preferably in the afternoon.
- Get a relaxing massage. Insufficient sleep results in aches and pains which can be easily treated with a relaxing massage, which can be combined with a nap if the situation permits.
- Snack smartly. Eat high protein snacks. Avoid heavy meals on Mondays especially at lunch. Grilled or baked fish or chicken is great. Avoid rice, pasta, and dessert as it can make afternoon sleepiness worse.
- Consume caffeine judiciously. Caffeine has alerting properties, but it should be consumed sparingly as it can rob you of your deep sleep. Avoid caffeine after 1 PM.
- Seek spiritual support. You are going against the might of Mother Nature trying to excel and enjoy Mondays with disrupted sleep schedule and sleep debt. Tap into your enormous spiritual reservoir. At every unguarded moment, look up and say, “Help me God serve my customers with joy.”
Have a wonderful week. Sleep Well, Lead Well.